Wednesday, August 4, 2010

William F. Buckley, by Jeremy Lott

Jeremy Lott’s William F. Buckley is a short book about the man’s life, beliefs, and endeavors. Buckley lived through and influenced many of the major events of the 20th Century. Although Buckley is far too conservative for my tastes, I must admit the book is well written. Lott did a good job of showing why Buckley did what he did, supported who he supported, and believed what he believed. It’s an easy book to read and quite interesting. Just not my taste. Based on my personal feelings, I must give it a lower rating but a more conservation person may think it’s a 5-star book.

Although fairly well written, it definitely comes from a biased point of view. I feel nonfiction should always be unbiased. But if you’re a Buckley lover, you’ll enjoy Lott’s William F. Buckley.

No comments:

Post a Comment