Friday, April 13, 2012

Good Read

The Marriage Pact, by M.J. Pullen, is a quick read. Although I didn’t think it would be my kind of book when I first picked it up, I have to admit it was difficult to put down. Marci, the main character, is a 30-year-old who is having an affair with a married man. She’s also struggling in her career and working as a temp while she awaits the big job opportunity. She receives an email from her best friend from college, Jake, with the attached photo of the cocktail napkin they both signed off on – it was an agreement to get married if they’re both single at the age of 30.

There’s a lot of sneaking around with her married boyfriend and a lot of heavy drinking involved. Many secrets are hidden and some finally revealed. But after a rude awakening, Marci wakes up and grows up. I won’t give any more of the story plot away, but I do think this is a book well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment