Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Daily Dose of History

The American Patriot's Almanac: Daily Readings on America, by William Bennett and John Cribb is a collection of events and fact in American history. With 365 entries, it’s organized so you can read one a day for a year. I’m sure some people would enjoy reading a bit a day, but I personally think this book is a good resource to look up key historical facts whenever the need or desire. I loved just leafing through it and then realized I was getting absorbed in the writings.

As well written and organized as this book is, I was disappointed in the quality of the physical aspects of the book. It seemed to have been produced extremely economically and I’m afraid it won’t hold up through a series of “look-ups” over the years. Beyond that, I think it’s a great book to check facts, inspire conversation, or just enjoy our great heritage. Bennett and Cribb have done a good job with The American Patriot’s Almanac.

No comments:

Post a Comment